I made this banner for my Madeit Store, using a photo I took of a very strange sunrise

I made this banner for my Madeit Store, using a photo I took of a very strange sunrise

Friday, August 6, 2010

New Bags with Pockets

I have finished the two bags I was working on- they are the first ones which I have added inside pockets to, when I made the linings. They went really well and I am very pleased. I am going to include pockets in all the larger bags I make, from now on. I convinced my lovely neighbour to model the bags for me to photograph (it helps give people a better idea of the size and look) and I have listed them in my Made It store. I will include the some photos below:














Brown Maui Bag- This is made with Moda Vera Maui Yarn. Each bag I make is fully lined with cotton fabric to prevent small items from escaping. The straps are also lined to prevent stretching.
This bag has two pockets so items like keys and mobile phone do not get lost in the depths of the bag. It has velcro to hold it closed-I felt this yarn was elaborate enough on its own, and didn't need to be embellished with any buttons.
The yarn is multi-stranded. The main colour is dark brown with strands in various shades of pink, running throughout. It is a looped yarn so the bag has a lot of texture.













Red Maui Bag: This bag is essentially the same as the one above except for the colour and a very slight difference in strap length.
The main colour of this yarn is a rich deep red, with strands of dark yellow, cream and pink running through it.




This is my lovely (and patient) neighbour Ama, modelling the bags for me! Thanks Ama!

Anyway until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment