I made this banner for my Madeit Store, using a photo I took of a very strange sunrise

I made this banner for my Madeit Store, using a photo I took of a very strange sunrise

Friday, August 20, 2010

Handmade Buttons!

As promised I indulged my love of buttons by buying what I needed to make some of my own. I particularly love large buttons so started with the two largest sizes I could get-45mm and 38mm. After going through my own fabric stash and raiding my sisters collection too (Thanks Kylie!) I had heaps of wonderful fabrics to try. These were made up primarily of reclaimed clothes-many vintage, retro or just plain gorgeous and unusual. I had so much fun making the buttons and still have heaps of fabric so I am going to get some more button components so I can make some more! I might also put some smaller ones onto elastics to make pretty pony tail holders and have a go at making some button hair clips.

Here are my first attempts at button making:







A collection of large (38mm) handmade fabric buttons (now available in my Made It shop)
















A collection of extra large (45mm) handmade fabric buttons which will be available in my Made It shop soon!






It is so exciting when you try a new craft and instantly love both the creative process and the results! Yeah!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment