I made this banner for my Madeit Store, using a photo I took of a very strange sunrise

I made this banner for my Madeit Store, using a photo I took of a very strange sunrise

Thursday, August 5, 2010

AUGUST BIRTHDAY SALE!

I was busy working on my Made It Store yesterday. After a discussion with fellow seller and new friend Sheepish Sarah, I decided to offer FREE POSTAGE on all my Made It items sold during the month of August, to help celebrate my birthday. I am also hoping that this offer might encourage a few people to give a newcomer a chance. We will see how it goes...

I am finishing a few bags today and will hopefully have them ready to post tomorrow. I have made the decision to start making baby & children's sun hats again (now that I have the pattern right). It took me so much trial and error last year to make a pattern that looked good made but also looked good, sat well and offered good coverage once on a baby/child's head. I did perfect it after much heart ache and I am ready to through myself back into it and see how they go. I will post some updates once I get back into it. I need to finish stocking up my supply of bags first.

I have also decided to try my hand at making my own buttons. I love great buttons and use them as a prominent feature on many of my bags, and although I have found some sensational buttons in my travels, I cannot always find ones to match/compliment a particular bag and they are also very expensive. Stocking up on buttons really puts a big dent in my budget. So stay tuned for updates (and photos of my button making adventures!) I am also trying to convince hubby to try his hand at making me some carved buttons from wood and coconut- I love the natural buttons, but the large ones are super expensive.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment